Sunday, January 24, 2010

The MAGLite vs. The Stun Gun Flashlight

When I left home to head to the city for college, my dad gave me a MAGLite for safety. Now, MAGLites, for anyone unfamiliar are aluminum flashlights requiring multiple large D-size batteries. Police men and women can be seen using these flashlights. The advantage of using these flashlights, as my dad taught me, is that the long barrel that holds the batteries, can be used as a weapon.

Fifteen years later, I still have the same MAGLite and have faithfully kept it in my car. I have even purchased a second one to use while walking my dog. I will now be upgrading my MAGLite to the Large Stun Gun Flashlight. The Large Stun Gun Flashlight meets the 2 purposes for which I currently use my MAGLite - light and self-defense. However, it has additional features that will significantly improve my safety with its additional functions. A 130-decibel built in alarm can be used to attract attention when necessary and startle any would-be attackers. There is also an attachable red cone that can be used to signal danger. Finally, it is a 200,000 volt stun gun, which will temporarily incapacitate any attacker. The flashlight is made of fiberglass-reinforced plastic, is 16.5 inches long and uses 3 9-volt batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment